New Sports Facilities
Southwater Sports Club has over 900 members but its activities are enjoyed by many more people in the local community. This development provides a tremendous opportunity to transform the sports and social facilities of the Club and safeguard the future of the Club for many years to come.
This development will provide major investment in the club by providing 17 acres of new facilities to replace the 10 acres of existing facilities.
This investment will provide:
- New pavilion and car park
- 2 new football pitches and a new cricket square and outfield designed to meet Sport England standards
- New tennis courts
- Open space for training and practice
- New allotments which will extend the existing allotments by 60%
In addition, the development will provide further open space facilities including:
- Sports pitches with changing and parking facilities
- Village green
- Multi-use games area
- Equipped children's play spaces
- Green routes providing links throughout the development and to the countryside